School Safety and Security
SCHOOL TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT PLAN
- · Purpose
- For all students and staff to gain clarity of human and vehicular traffic movement in the school
ensure the safety of motorists and pedestrians within the school compound and
the vicinity of the school
Policy for vehicles coming into and exiting school
Fair/Wet weather plan
- Parents are allowed to drive into the school.
- Vehicles are only allowed to enter the school grounds 10 minutes before school dismissal time.
- School / excursion buses are stationed at the parking bay, away from the path of pedestrian flow. Bus drivers are required to switch off the engine while waiting for passengers.
a. For students/Staff
o Students/Staffs are required to walk along the covered walkway at Level 1 or Level 3.o Signages are put up to remind students to walk and not run.
o Those who are waiting for parents / guardians need to do so at the porch outside General Office (Level 3) or Plaza Autogate Area (Level 3) or behind the canteen (Level 1)
b. For students leaving the school early
o Students must wait in the General Office. Their parents must sign request form to bring their child home early.
c. For visitors
o Visitors are to sign in at the security counter and obtain a sticker before proceeding further.
o They are to put on the sticker when they are in the school compound.
o They are required to report to the General Office before proceeding to any other part of the school.
o Visitors, including parents, are not allowed to go to rooms reserved for teaching and learning.
waiting areas during school dismissal
o Behind canteen (Level 1)
o Outside General Office Porch (Level 3)
o At Plaza Auto Gate Area (Level 3)
e. Strategically located CCTV cameras allow school to monitor entrance and exit of students and visitors to the school.
Safe Route for Vehicles
- The routes vehicles are to use are described in Appendix 1 (Traffic Flow in School Driveway).
- Vehicles enter from Gate 2 or Gate 4 during the stipulated hours. Buses enter from Gate 4.
- For passengers coming in from Gate 2, alight in front of the General Office. For vehicles coming in from Gate 4, drivers stop in front of the Security Guards.
Safe Routes for Pedestrians
- Pedestrians enter and leave the school through the route described in Appendix 2 (HPPS Safe Route).
- Pedestrians enter and exit the school via the sheltered walkway.
Communication of School Traffic Management Plan
- To school population
- School Traffic Management Plan will be cascaded to all students & staff through assembly.
- To parents
- Parents will be informed of the School Traffic Management Plan via Letter to Parents and school website.