School Rules and Regulations
National Anthem And Pledge
- Students and Staff who are Singapore citizens must sing the National Anthem and take the Pledge. The Pledge must be taken with the right fist placed over the heart.
Uniform And Attire
- Students are to wear the prescribed school uniform and modification to the uniforms is not allowed.
- For girls, long hair must be tied up as shown below. Only black, brown or navy blue hair accessories are allowed.
- For both boys and girls, short hair must be above the collar.
- Male students are to be clean-shaven. No facial hair is allowed to be kept.
Attendance and Punctuality
- Students must be punctual for school. For those who are in school early, they will do 'silent reading' from 7.15 am to 7.25 am. The daily flag-raising ceremony will commence at 7.25 am and lessons will start at 7.30 am.
- Absence from school must be supported with a Medical Certificate or letter from the child's parent,
- In an emergency or when a student is unwell, the teacher will give his/her parents a call. It is important that students give the form teacher the correct home, office and/or handphone numbers. Parents who need to contact the school or any teacher urgently are to call the Office at 6466 3600.
Permission To Leave School Early
- Seek the permission of the class teacher if there is a need to leave school before dismissal. The student must be accompanied by a parent or an authorised person. Sign out at the General Office before leaving the school.
Visitors To The School
- Visitors to the school (parents included) are required to report to the Security Post outside the General Office first regarding the purpose of the visit.
- Parents who wish to bring their children overseas on family holidays are to do so during the school vacations.
Use of Handphone
- Handphones can only be used to contact parents after school, at the porch (General Office), plaza (gate 7) and the waiting area in front of the library. No playing of games on the phone is allowed while waiting.
- Handphones used during school hours without a teacher's permission will be taken away by teachers and given to the General Office for collection by parents.
- The school will not tolerate misbehaviour. This includes truancy, cheating, dishonesty, forgery, showing disrespect for authority, theft, vandalism, assault, extortion, use of vulgarities, bullying and fighting.
- Caning will be administered if necessary, to recalcitrant cases by the Principal.
Possession of Weapons
- All students are not allowed to have in their possession any weapon. They are also not allowed to bring any weapon-like item which is used or intended to be used to cause harm to others.